Displaying items by tag: Community Futures job
We're looking for an Economic Development professional to join our team, on a term basis to fill a maternity leave.
All resume and cover letters should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The position details are below.
Regional Economic Development Coordinator
Maternity Leave – 13 month term position
Community Futures Sunrise is a non-profit regional economic development organization, operating in southeast Saskatchewan. With a mission to provide business development services in the region, the corporation is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic professional for a 13 month maternity leave term position as the Regional Economic Development Coordinator. This individual will be based in Weyburn, SK and will be involved with initiatives that support the business community in southeast Saskatchewan.
The Regional Economic Development Coordinator will be responsible to facilitate projects under the direction of the Community Futures Sunrise General Manager.
- Interact with business, community and government representatives in the region
- Research, develop, implement, manage and evaluate business development projects
- Plan and organize community and business training events
- Represent the corporation in the region, connecting businesses and municipalities with resources
- Make presentations and prepare written reports
- Contribute to the social presence and marketing efforts of the corporation
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of economic development
- Understanding of business retention and attraction programs
- Knowledge of business development and business planning strategies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Project and event management, coordination and reporting skills
- Ability to interact with a wide range of private and public sector representatives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of office technology
Education and Experience:
- Economic development education and/or demonstrated experience
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in economic development, commerce, business administration or related field is preferred
- 3 years + experience in a related field
- Computer and social media knowledge and demonstrated experience
- Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence
The position will be based in Weyburn, SK and is a 13 month maternity leave term position. Salary will commensurate with education and experience.
Deadline for applications: Friday, January 24, 2020. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Submit a detailed resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this position!