Community Futures Sunrise is a non profit, business and economic development organization located in Weyburn, SK and serving the region of southeast Saskatchewan. We provide loans, advice and support to entrepreneurs to further our mission of supporting the development of our regional economy.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and organized individual for the role of Business Development Officer. The goal of this role is to further our vision of being well known as an innovative developmental lender and encouraging the creation of a thriving regional economy in southeast Saskatchewan.
The Business Development Officer will be directly responsible for the Loan Portfolio as well as marketing our products and services and providing advice, support and counselling assistance to potential entrepreneurs and existing small businesses.
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities include:
- Lending to entrepreneurs
- Maintenance of the loan portfolio
- Marketing of our services within the region
- Developing and nurturing relationships with partners in the region
- Social media management
- Collections & disposition of foreclosed items
You will assist business clients with:
- Business planning advice
- Business coaching and training
- Understanding financial statements
- Marketing and promoting their business
Applicants will have a strong background in lending (particularly developmental lending), business planning and financial analysis, and be knowledgeable of small business start-up, marketing and management. You have strong computer skills and are well versed in MS Office programs, social media use, etc.
Strong organizational, analytical and research skills, as well as client counseling skills are required. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, a commitment to teamwork, and the ability to meet deadlines are essential.
Post-secondary education in business administration, commerce, rural development or a related field is preferred; a combination of equivalent relevant education and experience will be considered.
Entrepreneurial business experience would be a definite asset.
In your resume, please detail your public speaking ability/presentation skills. Please also share your ability to thrive in a team environment and nurture strategic partnerships.
Things to know:
- Travel within the region and some work after business hours will be required. A valid driver’s license is a requirement of the position.
- We provide flexibility and a relaxed work environment (If you have a side business and want to create your own schedule we are willing to work with you!)
- The opportunity for a hybrid office schedule is an option
- Benefits package and salary to commensurate with qualifications, work arrangements, etc.
- We are willing to work with the right person to make this position fit your life
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter, including expected salary range, to email@example.com. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and a credit check.