Whether your business is exclusively online, a brick-and-mortar store or some combination, attracting publicity can help take your business to the next level. Getting press for your business gives people the opportunity to learn about what you offer and why they need your service or product. Publicity, whether online, print or broadcast, creates visibility and awareness that can translate into significant revenues for your business.
At Community Futures, we are committed to ensuring that Saskatchewan entrepreneurs have the information, tools, and resources they need to build successful and sustainable businesses. For that reason, we are very pleased to offer you this guide that provides suggestions, strategies, tips, and tricks to help shape the beginnings of your media and public relations plan.
This guide is a perfect place to start if:
- You’d love to attract media attention for your business, but have no idea where to start
- You want to put yourself out there more, but you’re struggling to dial up the confidence you need to make it happen
- You really want to pitch yourself to the press, but you’re worried that you’ll say the wrong thing or they won’t take you seriously
- You’ve already tried getting featured in publications, on radio, or on television, but you’ve been rejected or heard only radio silence
- You’ve explored hiring a publicist, but the quote came in way beyond your budget
In this guide you will learn:
- The difference between online and offline publicity, and why both are essential for your business
- How to start thinking and acting like a publicist
- How to interview yourself like a PR pro to prepare for opportunities
- How to craft a media-friendly story
- How to increase your confidence to put yourself out there
- How to write media pitches that are hard to ignore
- Strategies for transforming press coverage into cash
Download this helpful guide for free!